Friday, May 23, 2008

Show and Tell Friday




Both of these gourds are things I got on two separate vacations. The one on the left was acquired at the Gourd Artist Gathering in Cherokee, NC in 2006. I won it in the auction that they have every year that helps fund the gathering. It was done by an artist by the name of Jerry Lewis from California. I'm not into the Americana decor, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to own one of his roosters he is famous for. Also...if you live close to Cherokee, and you enjoy fine art...take a drive and see what artist from all over the world show up with there, it is amazing to say the least. No fee to get in the gate...and so much to enjoy once you get there.

The gourd on the right is one of my most cherished pieces, as it was done by my sister Donna . She done six of them, all alike for a group of girls from a painting group we are in. We had a gathering in Talladega in May of 2007 and Donna presented one of these to each of us. The backside is pyroengraved with a verse also. I will never forget the weekend we shared with everyone who attended. It still amazes me how much you can bond with your cyber friends, especially after you have embraced one another in person. I wouldn't take anything for that weekend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not quite sure what happened, but I was signed up for the weekly Show and Tell Friday on another blog. Perhaps I was too late posting mine today, I'm not sure....but I have taken their button off my blog, but I still think it'll be fun to just do it my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your comments!