Monday, February 1, 2010

Featured Artist


My feature today is Brenda of the Rusty Thimble has some great prims just waiting for a new home!! Get to know Brenda by reading her short interview below then stop by her shoppes to see what all she has to offer!
1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
The Rusty Thimble...I come by the name honestly, I even had store named this in Texas. I ask my husband almost everyday if you find something rusty today please bring it home to me.
2. How long have you been on Etsy?
Just a few months now.
3. What type of items do you offer?
Primtive Handmade items dolls, critters, tucks, makedos
4. How long have you been crafting?
I remember as a child making doll clothes and watching my mother sew. I Made all of my own clothing in high school.I have made my creations and sold them since the age of 18 and I am now in my 50's. So I guess I could say I have crafted almost all of my life.
5. Who or What inspires you?
I get my inspiration from so many places. I live at a lake and love to go to the water and sit. I love color and all things I can get my hands on that are VINTAGE to use in projects. Old quilts are my favorite, my grandmother and mother always quilted. My mom is 88 and she stills quilts that is enough to inspire anyone. I hope I am still doing this if I reach that age.
6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
Right now that would be my Cone Rabbit. It is an original OOAK no two are ever alike. I often make this using old sheet music for the cones.
7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your comments!